CORD Room Reservations
Welcome to The Cordia Harrington Center for Excellence (The CORD). We are here to provide support to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Arkansas. If you are looking to reserve a room for your next University or University-affiliated meeting please read our guidelines and make a reservation below.
- The priority of CORD rooms shall be to support the mission of the University of Arkansas.
Third priority events are generally not scheduled until after the second week of classes
to allow classrooms and programs to finalize room schedules. General use priorities
are as follows:
- First priority: UNIV and SI classrooms
- Second Priority: CORD departmental programs
- Third priority: University related meetings and events
- There is no fee to use meeting rooms available in The CORD.
- Rooms must be reserved at least 3 days in advance of your event. Please allow a minimum of 48 business hours for a response to your request. Your event is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.
- Reservations are only available during building hours. All reservations must begin and conclude within the posted building hours.
- The CORD is an academic building. There is no on-site event staff to assist events requiring significant set-up or tear-down.
- Reservations are generally limited to rooms, not common spaces. Common spaces in The CORD are used regularly for tutoring, coaching, and career services.
- All students using the facility are expected to abide by the University’s Code of Student Life.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Rooms should be left clean and in good condition.
- Furniture must remain in its original position, unless it is on wheels. If any furniture is on wheels it may be moved within the room. Any items that were moved should be returned to their original position in the room.
- Items should not be taped or otherwise attached to walls or other furniture items.
- Food, drink, and catering are allowed from any vendor. Groups are expected to clean up after themselves by throwing away all trash in appropriate receptables and cleaning minor spills. Please report any large spills to the first floor Welcome Desk.
- Any group or individual that causes damage to University property must pay any charges necessary to return the property to its original state; University employees, students or organizations may also be subject to disciplinary action.
Spring 2023 Building Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 9pm
Summer 2023 Building Hours
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
CORD 127 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 35. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities along with a microphone and camera for recording presentations.
CORD 215 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 32. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities and a whiteboard. Furniture in this room in not moveable. There is no microphone or camera in the room.
CORD 229 is a small conference room. It has seating available for 10. It is equipped with a screen for presentations but users must bring their own computer. A whiteboard is provided in the room.
CORD 324 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 35. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities along with a microphone and camera for recording presentations. Furniture in this room is not moveable.
Reservations are currently only available through August 1. Reservations for after that date will be available in mid-August.
Please note that all requests go through an approval process. To view the location of our rooms please visit our CORD Floor Maps. A video tutorial of how to make a reservation request with the calendar can be found here.
Emails confirming or denying requests will be sent within 48 business hours of the request. Your event is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email. The email will be sent to the @uark.edu email used when completing the form.
The CORD is still working on arrangements for providing tabling options for interested groups. At this time we do not allow for reservation of spaces in our common areas. Please check back for more information when we have arranged these details. For any questions, please email Danielle Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.