CORD Room Reservations
Welcome to The Cordia Harrington Center for Excellence (The CORD). We are here to provide support to students, faculty, and staff of the University of Arkansas. If you are looking to reserve a room for your next University or University-affiliated meeting please read our guidelines and make a reservation below.
- The priority of CORD rooms shall be to support student success and the mission of
the University of Arkansas. Third priority events are generally not scheduled until
after the second week of classes to allow classrooms and programs to finalize room
schedules. General use priorities are as follows:
- First priority: UNIV and SI classrooms
- Second Priority: CORD departmental and student programs
- Third priority: University related meetings and events
- There is no fee to use meeting rooms available in The CORD.
- Rooms must be reserved at least 3 days in advance of your event. Please allow a minimum of 48 business hours for a response to your request. Your event is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email.
- Reservations are only available during building hours. All reservations must begin and conclude within the posted building hours.
- The CORD is an academic building. There is no on-site event staff to assist events requiring set-up or tear-down. Not all classroom spaces are able to accommodate meetings/events that will involve food or other activities that could cause damage to the rooms.
- Reservations are limited to rooms, not common spaces. Common spaces in The CORD are used regularly for tutoring, coaching, and career services.
- All students using the facility are expected to abide by the University’s Code of Student Life.
- Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Rooms should be left clean and in good condition.
- Furniture must remain in its original position, unless it is on wheels. If any furniture is on wheels it may be moved within the room. Any items that were moved should be returned to their original position in the room.
- Items should not be taped or otherwise attached to walls or other furniture items.
- Food, drink, and catering are allowed from any vendor. Groups are expected to clean up after themselves by throwing away all trash in appropriate receptables and cleaning minor spills. Please report any large spills to the first floor Welcome Desk.
- Any group or individual that causes damage to University property must pay any charges necessary to return the property to its original state; University employees, students or organizations may also be subject to disciplinary action.
Spring 2024 Building Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 9pm
CORD 127 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 35. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities along with a microphone and camera for recording presentations.
CORD 215 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 32. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities and a whiteboard. Furniture in this room in not moveable. There is no microphone or camera in the room.
CORD 229 is a small conference room. It has seating available for 10. It is equipped with a screen for presentations but users must bring their own computer. A whiteboard is provided in the room.
CORD 324 is a classroom or special purpose room. It has seating available for 35. It is equipped with a computer and screen for presentation capabilities along with a microphone and camera for recording presentations. Furniture in this room is not moveable.
All reservations must be made at least 3 business days before your event. Reservations are not finalized until you receive a confirmation email. For questions, please email Carolyn Shoemaker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all requests go through an approval process. To view the location of our rooms please visit our CORD Floor Maps.
The CORD has limited availability for University of Arkansas groups looking to have a table space. Tabling space is only provided to one group at a time, and only in a specific location near the Welcome Desk. You can submit a request to table here. Requests must be submitted at least two weeks in advance.