Meet with a consultant in-person to review your paper. Go to Our Scheduler to see the schedule. If you have scheduled an in-person consultation, please review our In-Person Appointment Information prior to your appointment.
Meet with a consultant online to review your paper. Schedule your appointment and view appointment details in Our Scheduler. The virtual appointment link will appear in your appointment details one hour prior to the appointment start time.
Should you experience technical difficulties accessing your appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In-Person Walk-in Consulting
Available for quick questions, no appointment necessary. View the schedule. Sessions are approximately 20 minutes, but can go longer if demand for consultants is low. If you plan to attend Walk-in Consulting, please review our In-Person Appointment Information prior to your attending.
Writing consultants are on your team and want to help you become a better writer! Here’s what you can do to make the most of your consultation:
- Make a list of your questions and concerns and bring the list to your consultation.
- During your consultation, ask questions until you understand a concept. We love questions!
- Before attending, upload your paper to your appointment in our scheduler.
- Plan on booking multiple consultations to review a longer paper (4-6+ pages, depending on genre). You can book three appointments per week; there is no limit using drop-in consulting.
Seek to Grow as a Writer
- Understand that writing consultants will provide feedback and answer any questions you have, but they cannot edit your work. You are the ultimate owner of the paper.
- Take the new skills you learned and apply them to unreviewed or future writing. For example, if you learned how to use a reverse outline, try making a reverse outline on the next paper you write. If you and your consultant addressed a comma splice, check the rest of your paper for comma splices as well.
- For best results, revise based on the feedback you received in one consultation before attending your next consultation.
About the Writing Studio
The Writing Studio provides one-on-one writing consultations to all students at any stage of the writing process. You can work with a Writing Studio Consultant on any type of writing: course papers, scholarship essays, personal statements, other application documents, and more. In a consultation, you will learn revision strategies for developing your academic and professional writing skills.
All Writing Studio Consultants complete College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA) Level I Certification training during their first year of consulting, and we work hard to ensure that all consultants have the tools and resources to assist you to the best of their ability.
There is no cost to attend a Writing Studio consultation!
Writing Studio Consultants
Tate AldrichLearn more about Tate
Kylie BonhamLearn more about Kylie
Sam CampbellLearn more about Sam
Toby HaymoreLearn more about Toby
A.G. HoldierLearn more about A.G.
Rachel MurrayLearn more about Rachel
Martha PearceLearn more about Martha
John PlavcanLearn more about John
Aeris RabrokerLearn more about Aeris
Nicole RikardLearn more about Nicole
Ana RodriguezLearn more about Ana
John ShipkoLearn more about John
Mar StratfordLearn more about Mar
Emily TappanaLearn more about Emily
Madeline VardellLearn more about Madeline
Belinda WatsonLearn more about Belinda
Composition I Embedded Tutors